PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Tech Support Needed!

mrbrown
15 Aug 2004, 07:28
here's the situation at hand. i've had worms armageddon for several years, lost it, and then i had to buy another one about two years ago. i use to play on worm net (about 5 years ago) on a daily basis against players all over the world. now i have recently starting playing again, and now i'm having technical problems trying to play online against players.
so heres what i did.
1) i installed worms armageddon onto the computer
2) started up wormnet, got into a room "anything goes"
3) attempted to join a game, but this message that saids "could not get check sum 15" repeatedly, i tried hosting my own game, but once again "could not get check sum 15"
i was very aggrivated, and started chatting with other members in the "anything goes" room. they told me i needed to upgrade to the most recent version or what not. and said to go to wa.team17.com, and download the latest version. i believe it's 3.6.20.3. i went to the website and downloaded it. and clicked on everything that was needed and i think it extracted the game.
i was also told i need to get the patch. so i did that as well.
i went to wa.team17 once again and clicked on the patch button.
then clicked on wa.patch, then clicked on "from team17 ftp server" and clicked save..
and from there, i clicked on wapatch.exe icon.
and now i CANNOT even get back into the game. after it saids the patching was complete.
i restarted the computer, and doubled clicked on my worms armageddon icon, and the game wont' even start. nothing...
this is coming from a truly competitive, worms fanatic, and all i want to do is be able to play worms armageddon online against others and prove that i am elite.
so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HELP!!!!!!!
what to do?
please advise

-yours truly
justin

wccSplintr
15 Aug 2004, 07:51
I think your worms starts off as Version 3, like mine. If so, here is what you must do:

1. Completely uninstall Worms. (sorry)
2. Install worms.
3. Download this: http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=2 and save it to .../team17/wormsarmageddon double click on the thingy and install it.
4. Download this: http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15 and extract it too the same place.
5. That *should* fix your problem. So go play worms! :)

mrbrown
15 Aug 2004, 09:37
I think your worms starts off as Version 3, like mine. If so, here is what you must do:

2. Install worms.
3. Download this: http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=2 and save it to .../team17/wormsarmageddon double click on the thingy and install it.
4. Download this: http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15 and extract it too the same place.

ok... pretend like you're talking to a 5 year old... i'm pretty computer illiterate... so far, after i install worms... i am suppose to download the updated version. i got that... but you're saying save it to
".../team17/wormsarmageddon"

where is that???
where do i save it to? i'm sorry, but i really do need step by step directioN/ i.e. how do i save it to ".../team17/wormsarmageddon" and, also, when you write "..." is that something you're implying to? i don't know if there is a file that starts with "..."
that's what i mean....
then you're saying download the patch... and extract it to the same place?
what do you mean the same place?
what place?
i'm sorry, i really do need step by step directions. lol
thanx for replying though
who knows, maybe once i get this thing going, we could play a game eh??

-justin

double post edit:

2. Install worms.

ok... i did step 1
i did step 2
step 3... i have a problem... i went to the site... and i clicked on "from team 17 ftp server"
and i clicked on save... but i didn't understand your " save it to .../team17/wormsarmageddon" ... so, i just saved it to "download" which is under "my computer" ... by the way, does me having windows xp have anything to do with this whole process... the point is.. i have downloaded it... even if it's not in ".../team17/wormsarmageddon" ... is that a problem?
i really wish i knew what " . . . " means... cause... like i said,, i'm computer illiterate so..
please help
thanx

-justin

DaWormage
15 Aug 2004, 10:22
ok... pretend like you're talking to a 5 year old... i'm pretty computer illiterate... so far, after i install worms... i am suppose to download the updated version. i got that... but you're saying save it to
".../team17/wormsarmageddon"

where is that???
where do i save it to? i'm sorry, but i really do need step by step directioN/ i.e. how do i save it to ".../team17/wormsarmageddon" and, also, when you write "..." is that something you're implying to? i don't know if there is a file that starts with "..."
that's what i mean....
then you're saying download the patch... and extract it to the same place?
what do you mean the same place?
what place?
i'm sorry, i really do need step by step directions. lol
thanx for replying though
who knows, maybe once i get this thing going, we could play a game eh??

-justin

double post edit:

ok... i did step 1
i did step 2
step 3... i have a problem... i went to the site... and i clicked on "from team 17 ftp server"
and i clicked on save... but i didn't understand your " save it to .../team17/wormsarmageddon" ... so, i just saved it to "download" which is under "my computer" ... by the way, does me having windows xp have anything to do with this whole process... the point is.. i have downloaded it... even if it's not in ".../team17/wormsarmageddon" ... is that a problem?
i really wish i knew what " . . . " means... cause... like i said,, i'm computer illiterate so..
please help
thanx

-justin
... = C:\

The Hard Drive:)

C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\

Dodgymat
23 Aug 2004, 02:39
C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\

Different versions of W:A install to different places. Mainly :

C:\Program Files\Microprose\Worms Armageddon
or
C:\Program Files\Team17\Worms Armageddon

Vantskruv
20 Jan 2007, 10:18
My brother is not a computer technician directly (almost as stupid as my mother). He gets this "checks sum 15" error also when he tries to join my game. I don't know what this problem means. Can you explain it to me? Though I suspect he extracted the latest patch, v3.6.26.5, to somewhere else than the installation catalog of Worms Armageddon, but he told me he extracted in the right directory. I've installed this patch correctly, but if I don't missunderstand you also need to install the v3.0.5.0 Beta 2 patch? Or is it enough to only install the latest patch? A thing that comes worthy to note is that he is sitting in Philippines and playing, while I'm in Sweden. Maybe that is the problem that can cause this error?

Please answer quickly, I want to slice my brother in small pieces in Worms Armageddeon. :)

PS.
Please create an automatic installment-patch for this game.
DS.

Run
20 Jan 2007, 10:34
He gets this "checks sum 15" error also when he tries to join my game.[...] I suspect he extracted the latest patch, v3.6.26.5, to somewhere else than the installation catalog of Worms Armageddon, but he told me he extracted in the right directory.

Yeah he probably did it wrong. This error happens when you mess up the update. Check the version by hovering over the logo in the main menu.

Vantskruv
20 Jan 2007, 10:43
Thanks for the quick answer, I'll tell him to reinstall the game and patch it again. I'll return here and tell you what happened.

Muzer
20 Jan 2007, 10:48
Automatic installer on www.nanacide.com/wahelp

BTW, run, you're not reading your guestbook. Tut tut.

Run
20 Jan 2007, 11:12
BTW, run, you're not reading your guestbook. Tut tut.

Yeah I did :P I added a warning to the auto-installer page (since it's not really that big of a problem and only requires one simple fix... as far as i'm aware) and i made the 'command' changes (i assume that's only on the router tutorial? couldn't find them anywhere else). http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/ninja.gif

Muzer
20 Jan 2007, 11:28
The FAQ as well

Vantskruv
20 Jan 2007, 13:23
Ok a little update, a positive one. My brother had extracted the files in another folder then the game was installed. Everything worked well now when he extracted it in the game-folder. It was nice to hack him in pieces today. :)