PDA

View Full Version : Problems with starting Worms 3D (read inside!)

Simon1981
2 Nov 2003, 20:25
When I try to start the game, i got a dark screening and then I'm returned to desktop.

These are the settings of my pc:

Pentium 4 CPU 1.80 GHz
Video: NVIDIA GE Force 3 (with the newest drivers)
RAM 512

Is there a patch that can help me?

Please, help!!!

fAessi
3 Nov 2003, 15:20
Same problem here!

First I thought it was because of a refreshrate-tool (it was the same problem with the pc game halo) or a refreshrate-fix I installed, but I uninstalled all tools and reinstalled my ATI drivers (I have a 9800 pro)...also I tried to start it in windowed mode but also the same problem - black screen and than I get kicked back in windows :(. I really was happy as I bought the game, but now I can't play :( .

rolf12
3 Nov 2003, 15:56
hi
if I start the game(choose the resulotion and hz): nothing happens, the game doesn't load.
Before I had problems with the installation.

system:
win xp sp1
512 DDR-RAM
asus a7n8x-x
ati radeon 9800
drivers: catalyst 3.8, direct x9.0b, nvidia nforce drivers 2.45.

fAessi
3 Nov 2003, 17:05
I had no problems with the installation all worked fine!

I also installed the demoversion before (the 2nd) and no problems!

Something is buggy in worms3d :(

PookaBrat
3 Nov 2003, 19:13
I am having the same problem with the launcher. It will take the setting I asked for, and even create a launcher.dat file in my game directory, but it won't start the game after I hit play. It just shuts off the launcher. I have been forced to use the worms3d.exe off the cd in order to play the game but then I can only play it in the default resolution which results in the game being in a small box on the middle of my desktop. Is there any way to fix the launcher or to change the games resolution without going through the launcher (just maximizing the window still keeps the game the same size, it just moves it to the bottom left of my screen and fills the rest of my screen up with the colour black).

fAessi
3 Nov 2003, 19:52
same problem, no help :mad:

tundraH
4 Nov 2003, 07:09
You can launch the game through a batch file instead. Just use notepad to make a text file called run.bat and put it in the same folder as the launcher. Put this text in it:@bin\Worms3d.exe /fs /w 1024 /h 768You should then be able to run Worms 3D in 1024x768 by double-clicking the batch file. You can obviously change the numbers as you please.

fAessi
4 Nov 2003, 07:15
Tried also this, but this don't help me, always the same problem!

PookaBrat
4 Nov 2003, 15:39
That bat file you said to write didn't work for me at first either. Then I noticed that it was looking in the directory Bin for the worms3d.exe file and for some reason that directory didn't have the exe in it (I had to pull it off the cd in the first place to get the game to work and I put it in the main directory). As soon as I copied the exe over to the Bin directory not only did your bat file work but also the launcher. So, for all of you guys who tried that great bat file but couldn't get it to work make sure you aren't having the same problem as me and that the worms3d.exe file is in the bin directory.

Thanks alot for your help and pointing me in the right direction.

fAessi
4 Nov 2003, 19:44
but no help for me....:mad:

driverz
5 Nov 2003, 09:01
I had the same problem when I just had the game installed. When I looked closer at the problem I saw that is was some kind error with an bicubic_resizer.ax. Sow figured out that this is installed with Nimo codec pack and many other codec packs. What you should try is remove Nimo or something like that and try re-run the game. It shoud work, if not i'm sorry I can't help you out. :D :(

The_Vindic
5 Nov 2003, 09:13
I read some where thats its to do with the intro animation and that to fix it all you need to do is delete/rename/move a file.

That file being "sega.mpg" in the data\FMV directory.

i would sugest renaming it to "sega.mpg.old" and trying the game then.

Vindi

Sarvatt
5 Nov 2003, 15:42
I did a search through my registry to see if I had any codecs using that, and it turned out FFDShow was, so I uninstalled it. Still wont start. It does seem like a codec problem though as the errors start when it's trying to play the movies. Strange thing is, loading it with the /NOMOVIES option doesnt effect it. Reading through the error report, I have a feeling it's one of the options listed in the registry under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{D7292 7CFC-4E6F-43C6-B6C1-6AE0785AEC9F}\0000

but there's alot of options to test in there.

edit:

Just tried changing every true/false (0, 1 hex) key in there to the opposite and started up the program after changing each one and none of those effected it. Last thing I'm going to try is to do a fresh format and don't install any new video codecs and see if it works. It might still be trying to load the codecs even though I'm passing on the /NOMOVIES option. this is getting to be too much of a pain for something I paid for and want to play.

XP Home SP1
HP XT155 laptop
ATI 340M using Omega 3.8.5 catalysts
512 MB Ram (32 for video memory)
1024x768x32bpp
Divx, radius cinepak 1.10.0.6, indeo 5.1, indeo 3.2, indeo 4.1, indeo iyuv R2, msh261, msh263, msrle32, msvidc32, msyuv, tsbyuv video codecs installed.

fAessi
5 Nov 2003, 18:37
goddamn! (sorry)

I tried all you described here, but I cannot start worms3d...

I'm a little bit angry :mad:

Sarvatt
6 Nov 2003, 16:54
Can anyone who is getting this same error do me a favor and download the program GLView from this website this (http://realtech-vr.com/glview/) website and tell me if it crashes the same way that worms3d crashes when you start it? It's crashing with the same exception error for me so I think it's an OpenGL problem we're having.

-Robert

Edit:

Well, I can finally run it. It turned out that all of the catalyst revisions that I used had buggy OpenGL implementations. I went back and used the ATI drivers on the windows update site and lo and behold I could run the OpenGL test program, as well as Worms3d. Catalyst 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9's from the ATI site, and Omega 3.8.5's all crashed worms as soon as it started.

-TV-
7 Nov 2003, 16:11
I could not start Worms 3D also. But in an other Forum says that I can try press control+alt+delete and close some programs. Then try again. It helped me.

Sarvatt
11 Nov 2003, 10:49
If anyone's still keeping track, I found out a little more info as to why it wasn't loading for me. It turns out, you have to be using drivers that have the word Radeon in the title that you see in the device manager for OpenGL to work. ATI posted an updated set of drivers yesterday that fixes the problems. It effected All-In-Wonder cards, as well as some hercules cards and mobility cards using modded drivers. In my case, I was using an IGP 340M which isn't supported in the catalysts, and I had to change the inf files to use the drivers. The fix was to change it so it lists it as a Radeon IGP 340M instead of just IGP 340M and it fixed all my problems. The windows update drivers I was using listed my card as a Radeon and thats why they worked for me.

this (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33721234) thread has info on how to fix it.

Black Moon
12 Nov 2003, 14:46
I had this problem, looked at task manger after getting virtual memory out errors...
Turns out worms3d allocs like 1gig of ram on startup!!!
Try setting your virtual memory to like 1gig or more

Kjatte
12 Nov 2003, 15:29
Try installing the latest .net drivers.

OzRagX
14 Nov 2003, 11:34
hey guys

I'm haveing a very annoying problem, I have bought Worms3D, it installs without error, i go to run the game and it loads the SEGA intro screen then screen goes blank and i get the XP message:
"Worm3D has encountered an error and must close"
now from that i can't tell what the problem is, can anyone suggest any fixes or something that might resolve my problem?

thanx for your time
Regards,

Oz.

System Specs:

AMD Barton core 2.1Ghz
1 Gb DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro
Hercules Prophet MX II 64mb <--
180 Gb HD space.

Grantax
14 Nov 2003, 19:07
It works here now :)
I just downloaded forceware (it install something that you need, opengl 1.4 included...)
You can find it here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16
but it's only for peoples with a nvidia screencard.
It's not 100% sure that worms 3d will work if you install it, maybe you need more, but i worked for me...

Ralph-N
15 Nov 2003, 19:55
hey guys

I'm haveing a very annoying problem, I have bought Worms3D, it installs without error, i go to run the game and it loads the SEGA intro screen then screen goes blank and i get the XP message:
"Worm3D has encountered an error and must close"
now from that i can't tell what the problem is, can anyone suggest any fixes or something that might resolve my problem?

thanx for your time
Regards,

Oz.

System Specs:

AMD Barton core 2.1Ghz
1 Gb DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro
Hercules Prophet MX II 64mb <--
180 Gb HD space.

I'm having the same problem and I tried a lot, I updated my drivers, installed forceware and deleted the sega intro file.

I'm running other programs though, could that be it ?

Please help me and thanks in advance, Ralph

jk158
11 Aug 2005, 11:24
hi i'am geding mad about the proplem
i have remove the sega file create the run bat
but still it won't start it worming worms exe erro send eeror report and don't send what i need to do

killersimp
4 Sep 2005, 15:50
this is the same problem for rollercoster tycoon 3 soaked but its still not workin :mad:

Johnnynet
4 Sep 2005, 17:03
this is the same problem for rollercoster tycoon 3 soaked but its still not workin :mad:
Don't res anything in achive threads

Hot Gravy
1 Oct 2005, 16:32
Hmmmm..... maybe you need a patch like in W:A? (just a guess, I have PS2 version)

Off topic- So sorry about off-topic, but I DESPERATLY want to know:

How do I get the secret level in this game?????!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

bremza87
20 Mar 2006, 11:14
Driverz you are a genius.
How did you find that out????
After I uninstalled Nimo Codecs the game loaded for the first time,before that I had the same problem fail to load dark screen.

Thanks a lot man

murut87
22 Oct 2006, 06:38
I finnaly have that worms 3d....i was happy and then install ok and then change resolution and frequency....and then an error was found.....sigh..can someone help me?

This my system:

RAM:256 RAM
GHz:1.1GHz
Motherboard:Packard bell
3D Card:NVidia GEForce 3

Penguins
26 Oct 2006, 23:42
I'm not sure but it happens to me on the demo, Its cause I don't have a good enough Graphics gard, that might your solution too. (When the ''Error'' Comes up.)

ticker
28 Dec 2006, 17:03
Sorry guys, but none of your fix-its have worked for me. I installed Worms 3D with no problem. When I try to start the Worms 3D game, I get the following message "Runtime error! Program: C:\Team17\Worms 3d\bin\Worms3d.exe Abnormal program termination". The read-me says it needs DirectX 9.0a, but I've already got DirectX 9.0c installed!

My video card is Nvidia GeForce 7300 Turbocache 256MB DVI/VGA output

I've also had a similar problem with another game which requires DirectX 9.0b (when I do an analysis on this game, it tells me I've only got DirectX9.0 installed, but the properties screen says I've got version 9.0c installed! - Confusing.

Any ideas?

orangenod1
20 Apr 2008, 06:44
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/orangenod18/Worms3Derror.jpg

That's what i get when I start worms3D iv'e deleted the sega thing and still dosen'twork

Driverz you are a genius.
How did you find that out????
After I uninstalled Nimo Codecs the game loaded for the first time,before that I had the same problem fail to load dark screen.

I think you might wanna share a step-by-step procedure from what you do to fix this problem

Processor:P4 2.80ghz
Memory:RAM 766mb
DirectX Version: DX9.0c
Nvidia:GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Muzer
23 Apr 2008, 07:22
Try updating graphics drivers

CJH
28 May 2008, 17:27
Do you have issues with your hard drive, or have filled it up too much? If so, try to fix that. [It may be why W3D is not working on your PC.]

neilzmack
24 Oct 2008, 05:27
Hey can anyone help me? This always appears when I start running Worms3d

"Worms3D.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm using ATI Radeon X1650 Series Graphics Card..
Help Please..

Thanks..:confused:

CJH
15 Dec 2008, 16:38
Hey can anyone help me? This always appears when I start running Worms3d

"Worms3D.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm using ATI Radeon X1650 Series Graphics Card..
Help Please..

Thanks..:confused:

Can I presume that by "Thanks..:confused:" You've got it sorted?

If not:

Memory may be clogged up.
or
Computer cannot run it. (Too low specification?)

Whatever you do, DO NOT CHANGE THE GAME FILES!!! (Unless they are definately corrupted.)

I think I/We may need more information, because it's proberbly not the graphics card. (I had the same graphics card, I think...)

Hope I helped! :) (Slightly)